Wandering & Walking Alarms For Dementia
The prevention of walking (sometimes called wandering) is very important when caring for people with Alzheimer's & Dementia. Walking with short-term memory problems frequently results in people becoming lost, confused, disorientated, and upset.
All Walking & Alarm Products
The prevention of walking (previously called wandering) is very important when caring for people with Alzheimer's & Dementia. Walking with short-term memory problems frequently results in people becoming lost, confused, disorientated, and upset.
Here we have a selection of alarms that can be used throughout the home to alert a carer or loved one when an individual with Alzheimer's or dementia is walking.
MPPL Alarm Systems
- Best-selling local alarm system with up to 80m range
- Cost-effective, flexible, with high-quality components built to last
- Includes pressure mats, door/window alarms, motion sensors, and alarm pendants
- Popular with live-in carers, small/medium care homes, and many more
POCSAG Long Range Alarms
- Long range local alarm system with up to 400m range (can be extended with signal boosters) and customisable pager messages
- Compatible with an unlimited number of pressure mats, door/window alarms, SOS pendants, motion sensors, and more
- Ideal for medium/large care homes, larger buildings, stone-built properties, or anyone who requires a local alarm system with a longer operating range than the MPPL system
GPS Locators & Tracking Devices
- GPS locators are the most effective way of locating someone when lost
- Location can be tracked via smartphone or by logging in online (varies depending GPS device)
- Some GPS locators come with advanced features such as fall detection, WiFi tracking, 2-way voice calling, and more
WiFi Alarm Systems
- Remote alarm system that sends notifications and/or alarms to a free smartphone app
- Monitoring times for sensors can be set in the app and multiple users can download the app
- Sensors include pressure mats, door/window alarms, motion sensors, and WiFi cameras
- Ideal for family/friends who want to be notified under certain conditions
DoorWatcher Wristband Monitoring System
The DoorWatcher™ Range is an advanced device for care homes and the NHS.
- Local alarm system that's triggered by specific at-risk individuals, such as those with dementia or Autism
- Includes transmitters for monitoring doors/corridors
- Easy installation that requires no professionals
- Expand kit by buying additional door strips (for monitoring more doors) or wristbands (for additional residents)
Glossary of Terms
Local Alarm - A local alarm system operates over relatively short distances and alerts someone nearby when triggered.
Local alarms are sold with operating distances of between 80-400m, but these distances can be greatly increased by adding signal boosters.
Examples of popular uses for local alarms include;
- A live-in carer who wants to be notified under certain conditions, for example, if the person leaves the house during the night
- A care home or other facility that wants staff to be alerted when specific doors/windows are opened
- Hospitals who wish to be alerted when specific at-risk residents leave the building
Remote Alarm - A remote alarm system operates over long distances and uses either mobile phone network signals or an internet connection.
Examples of popular remote alarm uses include;
- A carer or loved one wanting to be notified by phone under certain conditions, for example, if the person leaves the house during the night
- A telecare system that alerts someone if a person is in danger, for example, if they've had a fall, used their SOS pendant, etc
Need help or advice?
We sell a large range of alarms for a variety of users and we understand that it may be difficult to find what you're looking for.
If you would prefer to speak to one of our product experts you can contact our customer service team on 024 76 422224.