The Ultimate Toilet Seat is a distinctive toilet seat that contrasts with the standard whites of a bathroom or toilet.
- Bright contrasting colour; reminds people with cognitive loss what the purpose of the toilet/bathroom is, and where it is located
- Can help reduce confusion and distress when visiting the toilet
- Lowers the chance of "accidents" in the bathroom or around the home
- Inherent anti-bacterial properties for hygiene control
- Smooth, seamless profile ensures there are no corners or sharp edges that can cause injury
Key Benefits for Dementia
High Contrast Colours - The high contrast colours make the seat visible even to an ageing eye, which is important when you want someone to be able to find and use the toilet confidently and independently. It's also equally important that they can see the toilet so it doesn't become an obstacle to falling over. A fall in the toilet or bathroom carries a high probability of falling against something hard and resulting in injury.
Non-Reflective - The seat is finished in a matt colour to make sure there aren't any challenging reflections to deal with.
Smooth Edges - Another potential hazard is walking into the toilet seat edge and this can really hurt if there's a hard, sharp edge, especially if you have older, thinner skin that will bruise easily too. This toilet seat has deep, rounded edges that reduce the risk of injury from any kind of collision with any part of the seat.
Soft-Close Hinges - We've all knocked the seat or lid down and winced at the 'clatter' it makes. Noise is a big issue for many people with dementia so the soft close hinges prevent this from occurring.
Hygienic Design - Easy-lift hinge design allows the seat to be removed in a couple of clicks to facilitate thorough cleaning of all those hard-to-reach areas
Never Loosens - The unique sta -tite fixings designed for this seat prevent it from coming loose (see below for more information)
- Sta-Tite fixings work brilliantly to secure the seat and ensure it never comes loose
- Easy-lift design allows the seat to be removed in a couple of clicks to facilitate thorough cleaning of all those hard-to-reach areas
Sta-Tite hinges are also used in airports, football grounds, and other high-usage areas to ensure they withstand the rigours of regular daily use in hospitals and care homes.
Toilet Seat Dimensions
Please make sure that the seat will fit your toilet before purchasing, as refunds cannot be made once the inner packaging has been opened.
If you are unsure, Contact Us with the make and model of your pan and we will let you know whether this toilet seat will be suitable.
If you'd like to order more toilet seats than we currently have in stock you can do so online, delivery will usually be between 7-14 days.
Please call us on 024 7642 2224 or visit our Contact Us page if you would like a quotation or information regarding delivery.
Combine with Dementia Signage
Our Toilet Seats can be more effective when used in combination with our matching toilet sign in our Dementia Signage range.
Material: Composite core (matt / non-reflective finish)
Hinges: High usage cast, non-tarnish, chrome